[AusNOG] Katter backs Coalition - Windsor backs Gillard

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Tue Sep 7 17:39:34 EST 2010

On 07/09/2010, at 3:24 PM, Jason Lingohr wrote:

I don't.

I'll continue now to be held to ransom by Telstra, paying for a 8mbps DSL1 service with anti-competitive, congested backhaul and getting the performance of 1mbps (if I'm lucky).

Cry me a river. You're still getting better than most of the broadband services
I've used in the USA.

My personal bet is that most of regional won't even care (speaking from experience as my father is regional).

My experience is that regional people care A LOT to get broadband, it
really changes their lives.  Simple things, like being able to stay in touch
with the kids who have moved to the City via VoIP and videochat

But they also don't care how fast it is.  Again, in my experience.

  - mark
    [ who, for the record, is on a Telstra 8 Mbps ADSL1 port with congested
      backhaul, in a RIM -- But, like, whatever. ]

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au<mailto:newton at internode.com.au> (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org<mailto:newton at atdot.dotat.org>  (H)