[AusNOG] AAB Statement

roland at chan.id.au roland at chan.id.au
Thu Sep 2 20:30:22 EST 2010

*crickets*

Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra

-----Original Message-----
From: roland at chan.id.au
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 09:33:08
To: Bevan Slattery<Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com>; <ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net>; Andrew Oskam<percy at th3interw3bs.net>
Cc: <ausnog at ausnog.net>
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] AAB Statement

Way to equivocate. So you're saying that, as industry experts, you want X, but maybe Y is right if perhaps our assumptions are wrong. On that basis, please invest in X. Maybe, unless you're wrong. Outside chance. Probably.

So, as a policy position, what do you actually commit to? What is on offer if you are wrong? Try as we might, you aren't going to lose anything if your postulation is wrong.

As a titan of industry: do you give a toss about the short/medium term? Last I checked the titans played for keeps.

I have used the words "wrong" and "policy". Please take that into account.

:)

Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra