[AusNOG] AAB Statement

Dmitri Kalintsev dek735 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 13:43:07 EST 2010

Mark,

Latency has very little effect on streaming video (I assume that this is
what you mean when referring to the iView). The only couple of
latency-sensitive applications of major interest to a typical consumer that
I could think of off the top of my head would be interactive voice and/or
video (which needs to have network portion latency to be within ~150-160ms
one way to perform absolutely top-notch but can easily tolerate up to 200 ms
one way without user noticing too much) and online gaming (where people
shoot at each other), where the rule is "the lower the better" without
actual lower limit.

-- Dmitri