[AusNOG] AAB Statement

Jason Ashton jason at bigair.net.au
Wed Sep 1 10:50:44 EST 2010

I am not sure I was mis-quoting - the actual quote was "Sub-5 ms latency for small IP packets" hence why I stated "around" 5msec.

If you would like another source just Google 3GPP LTE latency ...

Another example - http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Business/Solutions/Industry%20Solutions/Service%20Providers/Wireless%20Operators/LTE/_Document/Static%20Files/6833_MotDoc_New.pdf

>From page 3 - " End-user latency <10mS"

In my experience with next generation radio technologies the latency for large packets is typically double the latency for small packets, which again is hardly application impacting. And future generations of wireless systems will have even lower latency.

We see latency as low as 25 microseconds (0.25 msec) on our high capacity point to point microwave links.

Jason