[AusNOG] Cisco UMI

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Sat Oct 30 00:43:08 EST 2010

Don't you hate it when you delete an email you wanted to reply to?

Anyway, in response to the reference to the Cisco baby TelePresence box, did anyone notice the new revenue model?  All you need to use your UMI telepresence box is an HD TV, a broadband connection that's good enough, $599 for your UMI box, oh and $24.99 per month payable to Cisco for your calls over your broadband connection.  Funny, I thought the calls over the Internet would be free once you'd shelled out your 600 bucks for the box.  Silly me.

Wow.