[AusNOG] iPhone serial port

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Thu Oct 28 00:04:24 EST 2010

On 27/10/10 21:19, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:

> On 27/10/2010, at 4:34 PM, <craig at askings.com.au> <craig at askings.com.au> wrote:
>
>>> Is this the start of ausnog's commercial arm?
>>>
>>> t-shirts, cables, apps, sour lollies...
>>>

>> Yup, all available in the Ausnog vending machine in your local DC....
>>
>> Craig.
>>

> I've always wondered if a suitably stocked vending machine taking credit cards at, say, Global Switch and Equinix with some "basics" (a few SFPs, single mode patch leads, Cat5, various memory sticks, some basic HDs etc) would be a good enough business?

Charge $50 per standard short lead, $500 for an SFP (sad part is that's
still cheap compared to many vendors) and that's 10x profit over parts
cost, probably about standard for a vending machine.

Just in the time saved from having to find an alternate source at 3am or
even just a Sunday makes it cheap even at twice the price if you're down.