[AusNOG] Cisco SESM or alternative

Paseka, Tomas tomas.paseka at pacnet.com
Wed Oct 20 18:29:16 EST 2010

Cisco have "ISG" to replace SSG -
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6588/products_ios_protocol_group_h
ome.html

Part of ISG is L4 Redirection.

-----Original Message-----
From: ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net
[mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Alastair Waddell
Sent: Wednesday, 20 October 2010 3:00 PM
To: ausnog
Subject: [AusNOG] Cisco SESM or alternative

Hi All,

I've been looking at Cisco Service Selection Gateway (SSG) for capturing
users on an ethernet network into a captive portal however Cisco have
discontinued the related Subscriber Edge Services Manager (SESM) instead
referring me to their partner Broadhop which looks really expensive
('With well over 50 SP customer installations, this 3rd Generation
policy manager has been proven in some of the most extreme Carrier-grade
network environments as a Top Tier product.')

I'm wondering if anyone has come across any open source or lightweight
3rd party toolkit that can work with SSG in place of SESM.

Regards,
--
Alastair Waddell
CEO