[AusNOG] Network Operators Unite Against SORBS

Jay Mitchell jay at miscreant.org
Wed Oct 13 13:53:29 EST 2010

<snip>

> It's one of the most frustrating things IMO, I would definitely recommend
> any network operators stop using their service on general principle.
These
> days I believe spam may have reached the point where things like SORBS
> have a negligible effect anyway..

Can't say I disagree entirely about SORBS, however I definitely disagree
with the last sentence.

This is from an inbound only server:

 [jay at mail01 /var/log]$ grep -c zen.spamhaus.org maillog.1 <-- RBL
1070501
[jay at mail01 /var/log]$ grep -c bl.spamcop.net maillog.1 <-- RBL
1985671
[jay at mail01 /var/log]$ grep -c spam-quarantined maillog.1 <-- Not RBL listed
but high scoring spam
66112
[jay at mail01 /var/log]$  grep -c "dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent" maillog.1 <-- mail
accepted for delivery
375834

IMHO that's not negligible ;)

Kind Regards,