[AusNOG] [off-topic] MS Surface

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:26:31 EST 2010

My team bought a bunch of Multitouches last year as they rated the
base technology more up to date, more pixels/$ and a number of other
criteria. The multitouch system can also be stacked and was really
flexible: also runs linux...
http://multitouch.fi/

We were building advanced teleconferencing systems (aka 'Blended
Spaces'). Sam issue with software, especially the type that can
actually take advantage of multiple touch inputs. NICTA pull theirs
out occasionally for public display.

Their view was the microsoft system was built on dated technology
having been through a timely product development cycle after
finalising the hw spec.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Kai <vk6ksj at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just got sent email about Microsoft Surface including a demo video, various different departments here want to check it out, to me it looks like an oversized expensive iPad but I'm guessing will have usual Microsoft caveats of only working at it's full capabilities if you use Microsoft formats.
>
> I tried searching for independant reviews for Surface, most pages I found were Microsft oriented, closest independant page I found was this:
> www.smh.com.au/technology/enterprise/microsoft-surface-brings-minority-report-to-life-20100209-nop4.html
>
> Anyone seen or used one and have feedback?

Cheers

--

Narelle
narellec at gmail.com