[AusNOG] Using leaf-nodes as POI's.

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Mon Nov 29 13:38:02 EST 2010

What would be innovative is creating a Hybrid ADSL Conjoined NBN Twin and turning it upside down and ass about face.

Use all current customer copper connections / ADSL2+ / Network / Whatever, Plug them into the Customer NBN Node at every customer Premises, and use the existing DSL?? Network at Customer houses/premises as network data Injectors.

Forget the POI's, established players with their own DSLAMS could have 200,000+ POI's already, but instead of a bigass bottlenecked mandated Cyber-Clog as the POI, inject at the leaf-nodes.

Question to list:

HOW / WHERE would this clog the proposed NBN.

I'm thinking something similar to the Solar Rebates where if you plug solar panels onto the roof, and inject power into the grid, you get paid, or subsidised.

Or is there truly no point in doing this ass about face?

S.