[AusNOG] NBNCo releases its response to industry consultation

McDonald Richards macca at vocus.com.au
Mon Mar 29 16:32:48 EST 2010

> Not if part and parcel of the install is ripping out the copper
infrastructure.

Again - from memory - NBNCo were stating last week that the copper
infrastructure isn't theirs to remove and they had different plans for MDUs
depending on sizes and the wishes of the body corporate. I'd elaborate but
I'd probably just get it wrong so you'll just have to go to one of their
Network and Operations meetings in Adelaide for all the gory details ;)

What I took away from these meetings was a much more optimistic attitude
about their approach and that they really are building a parallel access
infrastructure that you can choose to connect to if you wish by purchasing
services from one of their RSPs. If you can get to one of these meetings I'd
definitely encourage it, as it'll arm you with a lot more facts.

https://www.conveneit.com/secure/nbnco/ois_mar_10/ is the registration link
for an invitation but unfortunately the only session that still seems to be
accepting registration is the one in Brisbane on April 16.

Macca