[AusNOG] out door cab's flatpack (if possible)

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Tue Mar 16 00:29:09 EST 2010

MFB would probably be a good start.

70 Stories high and you have better have a well sealed box, water
travels upwards when strong winds are buffetting the sides of buildings.
Any cable will act like a wick.

You should also consider a heat exchanger/cooling unit for self
contained racks. I agree 6k sounds expensive, but if it is in stainless
steel/aluminium alloy and has a cooling unit, then 6k is probably on the
mark. No well sealed rack will be flat pack.

It is all relative to the value of the equipment being housed and the
necessity for uptime.

Something like this:
http://www.knuerr.com/web/en/products/tecoras/tecoras_heat_exchanger_cabinet.html

or these: http://www.mfb.com.au/products/outdoor