[AusNOG] Are there any other providers who use M2 as an upstream having issues with SSL based websites?

Justin Twiss Justin.Twiss at bekkers.com.au
Fri Mar 12 22:22:19 EST 2010

Yeah, unfortunately we only handle radius authentication and then hand off the session for M2 to handle so I think we’re limited in what we can do in regards to passing radius options to force MTU etc..

Cody – the MTU fix does work (dropping MTU to 1400) for those customers affected (and cant process payroll) – we’ve had a few like that..

That said, our internal testing has also identified that its not all M2 connections, doesn’t appear to be similar IP ranges or exchanges, however we’ve been compiling a list of modems of affected clients and the Netgear D834G and the Dlink DSL504 both feature prominently (that said, they were both our standard routers for a while) but we haven’t seen any others really affected yet..

Both appear to have a TI related chipset but we’ve passed that info onto to M2 without much further response...

-JT