[AusNOG] RC Filter

Matt Shadbolt matt.shadbolt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:20:40 EST 2010

Hi Guys,

Was just reading an article on the internet censorship debate (
http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/media-rights-group-puts-australia-on-internet-watchlist-20100312-q23p.html)
and found a paragraph that surprised me:

"The Communications Minister, Stephen Conroy, has said he plans to introduce
legislation by the end of next week that would require ISPs to block a
blacklist of "refused classification" websites for all Australians."

I was wondering if any of you - the network operators - have actually
implemented the proposed changes or are ready to flip the switch when the
legislation passes?

I'm a keen observer (and opposer) of the filters and I find it strange it
will be come law when I haven't seen any real technical specifications
published yet.

Excuse my ignorance if you've been over this before.

Matt.