[AusNOG] Strange call from supposed Antivirus vendor.

Stephen Williamson swilliamson at team.emerge.net.au
Mon Jun 28 10:31:36 EST 2010

A few of our clients have copped phonecalls from “Microsoft” claiming their machines are not genuine Microsoft windows.

Luckily most of the end-users either have the nouse to know a dodgy caller when they hear one, or they don’t understand what they’re being asked to type (we live in a VNC/Teamviewer world where it’s rarely ‘click this, type that’ over the phone support any more).

They get called on their direct extensions too, some days its xxxx x205, then xxxx x206, x207, and so on..