[AusNOG] (bad) cyber security and ideas coming out of the woodwork?!

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Thu Jun 24 12:22:17 EST 2010

Some interesting links I've been reading this morning. All these (bad) ideas coming out of the woordwork for cyber security, I wonder how long they might've been brewing before release and if Conroy's filter is the catalyst for a cyber security movement or if they were gunna be released anyway...

Greens to host anti-filter forum
www.itnews.com.au/News/217576,greens-to-host-anti-filter-forum.aspx

ISPs should disconnect infected users
www.zdnet.com.au/isps-should-disconnect-infected-users-339304012.htm

Inquiry calls for 'cyber czar', compulsory anti-virus
www.itnews.com.au/News/217416,inquiry-calls-for-cyber-czar-compulsory-anti-virus.aspx

Govenment would probly solve a lot of problems with viruses and spyware if they made it policy to use *nix instead of Windows, especially in Govenment offices because a lot of users their don't have a clue either.

"Oh look, I wonder if I can hit that purple monkey..."