[AusNOG] Rudd to be possible ousted

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Thu Jun 24 11:45:28 EST 2010

On 23/06/2010, at 9:30 PM, Grahame Lynch wrote:

So the next obvious question: what does this mean for policies such as the filter and the NBN?

A lot of that will be decided by whether the leadership roll affects the
outcome of the next election.

If I was in charge, I'd be creating a new front-bench position, "Minister
for the National Broadband Network," to give the NBN 100% focus
with no distractions.

No prizes for guessing that I'd dump ISP censorship.  Not just quietly
throwing it down the memory hole, but unequivocally stating that it'll
never come back to ensure that there'll be political pain involved in
resurrecting it later.

The remaining bits of DBCDE these days come down to spectrum
licensing, stirring up public fear about the internet, and regulating
Kyle Sandilands.  Should be a reasonably simple task for a junior
Minister :-)

    - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au<mailto:newton at internode.com.au> (W)