[AusNOG] Telstra and NBN co sign Financial heads of agreement.

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Mon Jun 21 11:36:50 EST 2010

I think the saying "why let facts get in the way of a good story" happens all to common in media, that's why I usually read a bunch of different articles about things.

Just saw this one:

Government strikes $11bn NBN deal with Telstra
www.news.com.au/technology/government-signs-11-billion-nbn-deal-with-telstra/story-e6frfro0-1225882145831

Telstra's link didn't PDF didn't read too badly, I was expecting much more "Telstra are awesome" inferences in there, like the days of "nowwearetalking" website.

I'm wondering if anyone's going to cut any spin and give us some hard numbers, but that's not likely to happen, since when did any technically oriented people in the general public ever get told what's REALLY happening? exactly.

Between selectively written Media hype and selectively written Government media releases it can be hard to read between the lines.