[AusNOG] "Telstra signs transfer deal"

Mark Smith nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org
Sun Jun 20 17:14:28 EST 2010

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:34:54 +1000
"Curtis Bayne" <curtis at bayne.com.au> wrote:

> Anyone want to open a smelter with me?

There is a story in Accidental Empires (IIRC) that at one point AT&T
was worth more based on the copper price for the lines it had in the
ground than it's price on the stock market. If you think about it,
mining that copper would be easy and cheap compared to normal copper
mining - no more than a foot or two in the ground, and already refined.