[AusNOG] "Telstra signs transfer deal"

Darren Moss Darren.Moss at em3.com.au
Sun Jun 20 15:16:44 EST 2010

Hey Craig,

You can see some of the story  here:
http://www.skynews.com.au/business/article.aspx?id=475520&articleID=1543
767

Sen. Conroy currently speaking, a lot of detail....

Telstra to join the NBN under a new heads of agreement
They will help build the network.
This will speed up the construction of the network.
Telstra will also move their customers to it once completed,providing
faster take up rates.
Cost saving / time saving to NBN Co with Telstra's assistance.
Avoids infrastructure duplication.
Telstra likely to become NBN Co's biggest customer.

Govt. says Telstra separation of wholesale and retail will now be a
fact.
An important achievement for the Govt who has been trying to separate
Telstra's retail and wholesale divisions.

No guarantees the deal will go through, but Krudd confident, although he
fell short of giving a 100% iron clad call on me guarantee.

New Govt. organisation to be formed, UCO, to run the wholesale arm ???
(Not sure, don't quote me, trying to type as they talk).

Now Sen Conroy banging on about opposition Govt will abolish NBN Co if
they are elected and Australian voters need to make a decision, bla bla,
lost interest, please.

Regards,

Darren Moss
General Manager
Australia and New Zealand
[p] 1300 131 083 [f] 03 9017 2287
[e] Darren.Moss at em3.com.au [w] www.em3.com.au

em3 People and Technology | Managed Technology Experts
postal: PO Box 2333, Moorabbin VIC 3189

New Zealand Airedale Street, Auckland City
postal: PO Box 39573, Howick 2045
[p] 09 887 0550 [f] 09 887 0273

 em3 People and Technology | My Hosted Exchange | MailProtect
DataCentre Hosting : Managed Software : Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server
System Replication and Disaster Recovery : Spam Filtering and Virus
Control

This communication may contain confidential or privileged information
intended solely for the individual or entity above. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, interfere with, disclose, copy or
retain this email and you should notify the sender immediately by return
email or by contacting our office on +61 1300 131 083. Opinions
expressed here are not necessarily those of em3 People and Technology
Pty Ltd.