[AusNOG] Wifi Security and Interception

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Wed Jun 9 11:47:50 EST 2010

On 09/06/2010, at 9:45 AM, Bevan Slattery wrote:

> Just so we're clear here.  You don't have a problem with someone sitting
> in the Qantas Lounge with wireshark recording all the communication
> happening at that location for say 2 weeks?

Gut feel, or actuality?

My gut says I don't like it.

My brain says it's happening anyway, regardless of whether I like it, and
regardless of whether it's legal;  So I have to deal with it.

So I deal with it.

I see that as part of the burden *I* need to carry to make society's
expectation of mutual obligation work properly.

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)