[AusNOG] smh: Misguided and stupid

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Fri Jul 30 16:41:37 EST 2010

On 30/07/2010, at 4:03 PM, Phillip Grasso wrote:

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/contributors/internet-filter-puts-the-common-good-first-20100729-10x38.html

I love Jim Wallace articles.

I don't think he ever convinces anyone who doesn't already follow him
that his ideas are a good idea, any more than the shouting preachers
on street corners ever win you over as you walk past.

But every time he opens his mouth he makes some tiny percentage of
his followers conclude that he's a raving crank.

So on balance, the more he talks the more he turns people off.

MOAR WALLACE!

I have this inkling at the back of my mind that he'll have received a memo
from Conroy today saying, "FFS, Jimbo, we have a freakin' election to win.
Get in your freakin' box, and IX-NAY ON THE GOD-DAMNED ILTER-FAY!"

  - mark :-)

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au<mailto:newton at internode.com.au> (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org<mailto:newton at atdot.dotat.org>  (H)