[AusNOG] Highest ADSL2 internet connection speed

Chris Pollock Chris.Pollock at staff.pipenetworks.com
Thu Jul 29 10:15:46 EST 2010

Alright, EFM, here we go!

You're right, it's 5704kbps per pair symmetrical maximum speed in the
top deployment class with 2BaseTL EFM.  In the lab I've done up to
45632kbps symmetrical on a Hatteras HN408.

Real world, the largest I've done is 22816kbps symmetrical, but that's
not because we've aimed for more - there's been no demand for past
20mbps of EFM.

Cheers,
--
Chris Pollock
Technical & Install Manager

PPC-1 is now live!
6900 km, 20 Months, 2.56 Tbps, 12.5 kilovolts, $200 Million and 100%
Australian Owned.
http://www.pipeinternational.com <http://www.pipeinternational.com/>

Mobile :  +61 4 1074 7765
Phone :  +61 7 3233 9813