[AusNOG] Top 10 IT Certifications (Networking Field)

Mark Smith nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org
Tue Jul 13 20:23:06 EST 2010

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:21:22 +0300
"Dawood Iqbal" <dawood_iqbal at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,

<snip>

> Since all of you are in IT field

Not really. This list is for network operators - the people who run ISP
networks mainly. Most of us probably have server / desktop backgrounds,
but gave that up and are glad to have.

I'd suggest asking around in other forums (Whirlpool maybe) for better
advice on what are better certifications to aim for for getting a job
and opinions on non-networking certifications.

(Technically this thread is off topic ...)

> and up to speed with latest trends in the
> job market. What would be your best advice for pursuing further
> certifications to secure a job in good and bad (recessions) times.

<snip>