[AusNOG] Australian Censorship program to go ahead - Gillard supports a the great firewall

Pinkerton, Eric Eric.Pinkerton at team.telstra.com
Thu Jul 8 13:11:43 EST 2010

The gov't has a simplistic view that it can just use the model it applies to other mediums for the internet, ie film/books etc etc - thus for these sort of hypothetical questions you should use these mediums as analogous where law is concerned.

If the gov't bans a film/book, and you go overseas, buy it and bring it back hidden in your luggage - are you therefore automatically free from prosecutuion because customs failed to find it?

Tell that to your cellmates in the excersise yard...

PS

IANAL