[AusNOG] Australian Censorship program to go ahead - Gillard supports a the great firewall

Phillip Grasso phillip.grasso at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 11:22:28 EST 2010

folks, what is the point of striking when in most regard the telco's/isp's
are not in support of filter. That only serves to hurt an ally.

The focus should be on
1). Educating the public,
2). driving political change through education / awareness.

Anything that has impact to users and business should be avoided at all
costs.

Yes. I have contacted my MP and advised him of this situation, he as others
have pointed out unaware of the issues, he just thought that it was to
protect the children, but explained passed the surface a tiny bit, he
understood the issues better. So it takes advocacy to prompt the right
questions. Here's the list http://www.aph.gov.au/house/members/mi-elctr.asp

Also, something insightful with the discussion with my MP is that Conroy
been saying that the industry supports him all the way. DO WE REALLY?