[AusNOG] Australian Censorship program to go ahead - Gillard supports a the great firewall

Roland Chan roland at chan.id.au
Wed Jul 7 22:45:30 EST 2010

What does online have to do with it? From what I can see our
non-existent rights have been eroded in the real world. When is
everyone going to realise the Internet is not a special case? What I
find interesting is that if one were to assume the Internet is not a
special case, then the filter becomes pretty harmless. :)

I don't think "organisations" will avoid hosting here if there is
money to be made. Google didn't pull out of China did it? It made
changes in order to appease and defend it's market. If the hammer
comes down from Beijing, it will be telling to see how they jump.