[AusNOG] Australian Censorship program to go ahead - Gillard supports a the great firewall

John Edwards john at netniche.com.au
Wed Jul 7 22:42:39 EST 2010

On 07/07/2010, at 9:22 PM, Patrick Webster wrote:

> Whatever happened to a good old strike?

Remember when the government first proposed Internet Filtering in 1999? That was not long after Australia's last big strike - where the workplace relations minister condoned the sacking of union workers.

There's a continued belief from some Ausnog posters and tech media that rational arguments about filtering in public have a value to our elected officials. I would encourage members who are taking an interest in Internet filtering to arrange an appointment with their local federal MP - not only to get your point of view across, but to get a better understanding of what our leaders are thinking about this. One minister doesn't pass legislation on their own.

John