[AusNOG] ServerLink KVM cables

Darren Moss Darren.Moss at em3.com.au
Mon Jul 5 16:58:43 EST 2010

Hi All,

We have a bunch of ServerLink KVMs, the 16 port USB jobs, which work well and seemed like a good idea at the time we deployed them everywhere.
These are the ones with a slide-out LCD screen and keyboard that integrate into 2RUs.

Over the past 12 months we have struggled to get KVM cables for our servers. Seems more and more suppliers are no longer stocking them or don't want to deal with Comsol the distributor.
I spent 4 hours running around last week trying to track stock (based on a discussion with Comsol) but to no avail.

Does anyone else run these and if so, where do you buy your KVM cables from ?

Cheers.

Regards,

Darren Moss
General Manager
Australia and New Zealand
[p] 1300 131 083 [f] 03 9017 2287
[e] Darren.Moss at em3.com.au<mailto:Darren.Moss at em3.com.au> [w] www.em3.com.au<http://www.em3.com.au/>

em3 People and Technology | Managed Technology Experts
postal: PO Box 2333, Moorabbin VIC 3189

New Zealand Airedale Street, Auckland City
postal: PO Box 39573, Howick 2045
[p] 09 887 0550 [f] 09 887 0273