[AusNOG] IANA IPv4 allocations and bogon update 1/8 and 27/8

Paul Grehan pgrehan at onthenet.com.au
Wed Jan 27 09:42:24 EST 2010

> Networks who have not started their ipv6 plan are now way behind.
>
> Those who think ipv4.2 will save the day will have a feel of what it
> will feel like post exhaustion, if as some people predict, islands in
> 1/8 wont have full connectivity.
>
> C'mon guys, get your v6 plans finished and implemented ! :-)

So Andy, are you seeing any large US tier 1 operators modifying their
procurement behavior (per your NANOG49 presentation) to demand V6
support in their CPE vendor kit (particularly sub $100 USD segment) ??

That's a large component of our implementations (having several large
providers pushing chipset/CPE manufacturers to deliver).

-Paul