[AusNOG] Less than 10% of IPv4 Addresses Remain Unallocated

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Fri Jan 22 06:52:34 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 07:58:51AM +1000, Noel Butler wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 19:20 +0800, Shane Short wrote:
>
> > And how long do you think it's going to take for us to transition to
> > IPv6, given consumer level CPE still isn't currently available? 2015
> > is still scary close..
> >

> 1997 was scarily close when in 1995 they claimed we'd run out in  two
> years as well, then  in '97 it was going to be 99...
> Well, uhh,  remember ' the lil boy who always cried wolf'

A man jumps from a skyscraper and falls down to his doom.
Two floors from the ground a guy opens his window and asks him "How
are you going?". The man jumping down says "So far so good!".

It was somewhere early 2001 when I had the first IPv6 tunnels on
my computer and that my MUD server was reachable via it. There is
no excuse for any software not being able to work with it. There
is no excuse for any ISP not having it rolled out. There is no
excuse for any hardware vendor not supporting it.

Just my rant,

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis		Website: http://www.mavetju.org/