[AusNOG] Less than 10% of IPv4 Addresses Remain Unallocated

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Thu Jan 21 10:40:17 EST 2010

On 21/01/2010, at 10:31 AM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> Geoff,
>
> That is an awesome collection of data and is very useful to use in providing information to customers and entities.
>
> Do you have that information summarised together on your website somewhere that we can point them to?
>
> One of the biggest issues we have is explaining this simply to people who have no idea.

Thanks Skeeve.

This information is at  http://ipv4.potaroo.net  (updated on a daily basis)

I know its long-winded and perhaps this page heads too far into the mathematical techniques that underlie the projection, so I'd appreciate any feedback folk may have about improving the presentation of the data on that page.

[For those who have asked me in the past about the variability of this prediction, perhaps I should also point out that a plot of the various predictions dates over time is at http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/predict.png, and the change over time in the amount of time left to the time of predicted runout is at http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/timeleft-predict.png.]

thanks,

  Geoff