[AusNOG] [Fwd: [bogon-announce] IANA IPv4 allocations and bogon update 1/8 and 27/8]

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Wed Jan 20 11:52:05 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 11:24 +1100, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> I've head some large US carriers are using it as well.

From what I heard one, 1.0.0.0/8 is a de facto standard for
transitioning routers between large companies in the context of joining
networks after a merger, or other forms of inter-company peering.

'twas what I heard once, 's all.

Probably comes from configuring 3 LANs with the entirety of their three
RFC1918 allocations, and then wondering why they don't have much address
space to work with. ;)

Here's hoping 5.0.0.0/8 gets allocated to disrupt Hamachi users too.