[AusNOG] [off-topic] Optus outage?

vk6ksj vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Fri Jan 15 16:13:37 EST 2010

Hi guys and girls,

Anyone know of any Optous mobile outages? I've had no signal in Broome since probably some time mid morning, can't give an exact time because I haven't been staring at my phone every minute just in case the signal drops :P

Last time this happened there were some issues with Optus signal on Telstra backhaul somewhere between either Broome and Karratha or Broome and Perth.

I'm at work about 2k's line if site from the Optus repeater where I normally get full signal.

Our work Telstra phone's are all good.

Cheers
Kai