[AusNOG] Network Monitoring Systems

Karl Kloppenborg karl at karltec.net
Tue Feb 9 16:09:39 EST 2010

We have used a whole range of products (Nagios, OpenNMS, Cacti, Dude,
NetXMS, Zabbix)

However at the end of the day nothing really suited what we were
after, so we decided to write our own based off Cacti and Nagios.

What we came up with was a NMS system built into our global control
panel "Karltec-Kontrol" which allows our admins to monitor our whole
network and users to monitor just their devices and ports based on
what we set in our billing system.

But for the most part its now a hybrid of Karltec-Kontrol and Cacti,
which we are planning to move entirely to Karltec-Kontrol shortly thus
scrapping cacti/Nagios from our large pile of software we never use ;)

Cheers!
Karl Kloppenborg
Technical Director @ Karltec

P 02 8014 4253  EXT:104  | M 0438475892  |  www.karltec.net

Please consider the environment before printing this email. Think
before you print.