[AusNOG] ZDNet: Senate passes net interception Bill

Pinkerton, Eric Eric.Pinkerton at team.telstra.com
Wed Feb 3 13:56:49 EST 2010

My understanding of the existing Telecommunications Act was that ISP's were already allowed to intercept traffic during the course of troubleshooting?

My take on this is that it means companies checking up on their staff can now submit their evidence in court, but I'm not a lawyer.

I'm concerned that it will probably confuse and divide a lot of the already confused and disparate anti-filter groups!

Perhaps it's just an attempt to clarify incongruities raised in the AFACT case, I wonder if they will sight this as a small victory if they loose!