[AusNOG] New list charter from the AusNOG Board

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Dec 19 12:39:47 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-18 at 20:58 +1100, Nick Brown wrote:

> On 18/12/10 7:48 PM, Ben McGinnes wrote:
> > It's less about reading it than it is about making sure the information
> > is readily available from the outset

> Seriously, why is this discussion still ongoing? You are all making

last time I checked, this is STILL some form of discussion list, unless
that was changed too and I missed it

> mountains out of mole hills. The changes to the charter were clearly
> driven by recent discussions, not new users causing issues.

That is irrelevant, the changes will apply to new, existing, and
original members, until a new board is in place and decides to repeal
them. It was recently demonstrated that members don't know the charter,
even though it is, and has been mailed out to every member of the list
every month.

> I can also assure you that regardless of what the charter says, if a
> journalist thinks something is juicy enough they are going to run with

Absolutely correct.

Merry Christmas