[AusNOG] New list charter from the AusNOG Board

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Dec 18 15:34:21 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-18 at 10:10 +1100, Chris Chaundy wrote:

> I know these tend to get ignored, but why not add a link and check-box
> for sign up to the list that won't let people proceed to sign up until
> they tick it to acknowledge that they have read and understood the
> charter (at least when they do something stupid, they won't have any
> excuse!).

fail...

What about those who sign up directly, via SMTP Email, its how I did,
its likely how many here did when this list was first announced  after
the troubles many of us had with the last list server, an "agree before
you sign up" via  a web page is utterly pointless unless you are going
to disable half of mailman as well.