[AusNOG] OT +PLAINTEXT: IPv4 IPocalypse countdown

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Wed Dec 15 16:20:01 EST 2010

New-Fangled Social Media link for IPv4 Exhaustion:

http://twitter.com/IPv4Countdown

Approximately 69 days until IPocalypse.
96,715,283 allocatable IPv4s left.
#IPv6 about 5 hours ago via IPv4Countdown

That places us at some time in Mid February where we're 'out' of IPv4 Addresses.

I hope you have your helmets on peoples because it looks like there's no turning back now.

By the way, thanks to the HTML Haters you will have to cut and paste the link instead of the modern conveniences of clicking on it.

<Satire>If you are using plain text only nowadays, there is no excuse. You deserve to stay in the days of dial and fossilise so that you, too, can appear in a museum one day. Wait. You already are. But you cant read this, since it has tags wrapping it. Twitter is now the interactive form of RSS for the rest of you.</Satire>