[AusNOG] Enough. (was Re: Alumina vs AINS Update)

Luke Smith luke at smith.name
Wed Dec 15 10:11:04 EST 2010

> Starting to agree with you Curt,  maybe it is time to revisit the (I'm
> gunna piss ppl like Mark Newton off here hehehehe sorry Mark [image: :P])
> but maybe we need to revisit the idea of that second "general" ausnog list,
> where anything goes, and those who expect others to walk on cotton wool,
> need not subscribe [image: :D]

SAGE-AU have split lists for "tech" and "general" and IMO it's awful.

You can't expect other people to judge what you find 'technical' or
'general' accurately.

Telling people to pipe down when they get too far off-track is sufficient
for my mind and much less likely to have odd cross-list posts and such that
will just have you subscribing to both lists in the end.

Maybe its time to invest in a better mail client and some sorting
rules? Black-hole the noisy participants you don't want to see, etc?
--
Cheers,

Luke Smith
0419 671 006