[AusNOG] NTT and Route Objects

Mark Tees mark at ausweb.com.au
Tue Dec 14 13:21:40 EST 2010

Hi all,

Is there anyone out there familiar with how NTT do their filtering?

I have had a look over their website and it does indicate that they
require routes to registered in a registry (inc APNIC).

The issue I am having is that I have two /23's announced with a relevant
route object for the /23 in APNIC.

I also have two individual /24 route objects inside one of the /23's
being announced.

It would appear only hosts that have /24 route objects are contactable
from NTT's looking glass, even though the /23 route object should be
covering that?

* note: these ranges are only announced only as /23's on the internet
and all have the correct AS Number in the 'origin' field *

Also sending off tickets to our upstreams to see if they have any
suggestions.

So, in the mean time I am going to add /24 route objects for everything
just in case.

Any advice would be highly appreciated and I am happy to supply the
specifics off-list.

Cheers,

--
Mark Tees