[AusNOG] Urgent - Pacnet NOC contact (with BGP clue)

Kurt Bales kwbales at kwbales.net
Sun Dec 12 15:11:47 EST 2010

Hello All,

I am taking over as the eintellego lead on this job while Skeeve is in the
air.

AINS' connectivity to Pacnet includes the access to PIPE. It is from
Pacnet's PIPE peering session that these routes are being advertised into at
least the NSW PIPE route servers as well as the Equinix peer.

We have spoken with the management team at Alumina who have been unable to
find a contract that gave permission to readvertise the Alumina ranges in
the event of a dispute. It had been suggested that it is likely that if
these contracts were signed that they were signed by Curtis Raams in his
position as CTO of Alumina at the time the contracts were arranged. Without
the contract in hand I can only go on the information I have been provided
so far on this matter.

I will be working on this problem both tonight and tomorrow, and likely
remain on the ticket for the remainder of the issue.

Regards,

Kurt Bales
Chief Technology Officer
eintellego Pty Ltd