[AusNOG] APC - 8 port switched PDU alternative

Christopher Pollock chris at ionetworks.com.au
Thu Dec 2 13:53:53 EST 2010

Nick,

You're not alone; I know several organisations who deployed the 8 port APC
PDUs nationally, only to pull them out later for the same reason - over
time, they showed a notably greater failure rate than the PSUs they were
supposed to be protecting.

I haven't used the Opengear PDU specifically but the rest of the Opengear
kit I've used has been rock solid.  I wouldn't be surprised if the PDUs were
a similar standard.

Cheers,
--
Christopher Pollock,