[AusNOG] Discussion forum for Filtering

Karl Kloppenborg karl at karltec.net
Thu Dec 2 10:18:07 EST 2010

Ahoy noggers!

Long time since I posted anything (even longer since last time I posted anything valuable)

So anyways, one of my friend's sent me a youtube link this morning, I had seen it before but when I watched it again today it got me thinking...

The link in question is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2WBsjOspNo&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Now I am wondering, seeming Mark Newton appeared on the introduction of this, Senator Conroy referred to Mark Newton's comments as being entirely untrue and in the tone he put it in... It nearly sounds like he is downplaying Newton as some type of idiot (which he is entirely not!)

So what I am wondering (because I haven't been following filtering discussions much) was there any discussing / forum which was recorded or publicly accessible which featured Conroy and Newton discussing their points of view?

The reason I ask this is because in both cases (Conroy and Newton) it is very easy to sit behind the bench and comment about someones views/opinions featured in a recording of some type... Sitting there in the same room next to each other like the good old school president debates is a lot harder.

and If there hasn't been one as of yet, why couldn't we have one, personally I would like to see Newton and Conroy discuss their points in detail whilst on the same show..

Cheers!
Karl Kloppenborg