[AusNOG] End of download limits

Dmitri Kalintsev dek735 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:27:46 EST 2010

Quick math says to do 2TB in a month, one has to download 24/7 at ~6.2Mbit/s
(~780 Kilobytes/sec).

Let's say an SP pays $100 per 1Mbit/s for transit (yes, I know many SPs will
pay for their transit less or much less, while others more - it is just an
example), so it will *COST* ~$620 for *IP transit alone* to support this
kind of download quota at this type of cost.

Yes, I realise that most probably most of that 2TB is probably envisaged to
be some form of "unmetered" content, like IPTV/VOD/whatever.

-- D