[AusNOG] background radiation was: "i want a pony!" (was Re: Long live the NBN. The NBN is dead?! [personal])

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Thu Aug 12 23:52:52 EST 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Andrew Oskam wrote:

> I also dislike that people either forget or assume that the Internet
> will be the same in 10 or 20 years.

Well said.  We're at the beginning of the information revolution not the
end of it.  In 100 years people might be able to start to draw conclusions
about the ultimate impact on civilisation.  Until then we're all just
along for the ride.

> In my own opinion we are are just barely able to cope with the content
> we have now on the current model.

Parkinson's law applies to bandiwdth utilisation too.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert at timetraveller.org		Linux counter ID #16440