[AusNOG] background radiation was: "i want a pony!"(wasRe:Longlive the NBN. The NBN is dead?! [personal])

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Thu Aug 12 19:20:02 EST 2010

Wait. I'm confused. We're using the construction and subsequent sale of PMG (now Telstra) as the definition of success of a state-owned telco monopoly, whilst on the other hand, a consortium of providers are complaining about anti-competitive practices?

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/354465/bigpond_price_cuts_anger_internode_iinet/

What's to say that once independent infrastructure is eliminated that the same practices won't emerge (especially if the new shareholders of the NBN have a vested interest in the telecommunications industry)...