[AusNOG] Long live the NBN. The NBN is dead?! [personal]

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Aug 11 13:09:19 EST 2010

On 11/08/2010 11:45 AM, Mark Newton wrote:
> On 11/08/2010, at 9:07 AM, Paul Brooks wrote:
>

>> This 'policy' appears to be badly thought out back-of-envelope numbers
>> that simply doesn't add up.
>>
> As opposed to the Govt's alternative, which is fully costed, planned within
> an inch of its life, and run by a department that has all the answers.
>
> Thanks for clearing that up :-)

Lol - point well made Mark.  I think the difference for me is that these
coalition numbers don't seem to be sufficient to deliver on their
promised outcome. The Gov'ts alternative, with the headline '$43B'
attached to it (and significantly less than this - perhaps a quarter,
perhaps more - as actual government injection) seems on most analysis to
be an upper bound.

P.