[AusNOG] OT + BEER: Brisbane Social reminder, first Tuesday of every month, 6:30PM Onwards

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Tue Aug 3 15:01:38 EST 2010

AusNog Brisbane Drinks:

This Tuesday 6:30PM Onwards at the Spring Hill Hotel, BRISBANE, in the UPSTAIRS Bar.

What this is:
Every Tuesday a band of faithfuls meet to discuss in PERSON issues relevant to the AusNOG list charter. We publicise the first Tuesday of each month and encourage anyone who can only attend periodically to attend the first Tuesday of each month as it is considered the biggest night of the month.

What this isn't:
This isn't an invitation for Bike Shed<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bike_shed> debates. We've kept the posts simple and one-off. If you would like to continue social discussions we encourage you to join the social.in-brisbane.com mailing list, the charter of which revolves specifically around beer and other social discussion that would be considered OT on main AusNOG list. Please reply off-list if you would like to confirm attendance or ask questions. You can sign up to the social list at http://social.in-brisbane.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chat . It is also not an invitation to complain that you weren't given enough notice. This happens at the same bat time, same bat channel, each and every month. Add it to your calendar!
What this might be:
This might be an opportunity to meet other providers to talk about peering, network and operational issues in a social environment in a relaxed atmosphere. Conversations have been known to range from anything from Political discussions concerning the industry to other random religious discussions about which is the best switch/router vendor, right through to how to build a Nuclear Reactor<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_Reactor> in your back yard.

Where is it this week:
Every month we try to rotate the venue around Brisbane, yet keeping it close to the City.

This week is 6:30 PM starting at the Spring Hill Hotel at the 'Rosies' Bar, which looks out onto the street.
http://www.springhillhotel.com.au/rosies.php?ref=ros

Who is invited:
Anyone with an AS number.Anyone who works for someone with an AS number. Anyone who knows what an AS Number is. Vendors are welcome and vendor discussions about equipment is welcome. If you work in networking or in the support industries for Inter networking and like to talk about networking, or would like to mingle with others who work in this industry, this is a perfect opportunity to meet some of the local inhabitants that drive your networks.

Who organises this?
This is not an officially endorsed AusNOG Event organised by a central committee, even though our elected officials may attend from time to time.
This is a collaborative effort from members of this list who are on the Brisbane social list who meet regularly and is an open invitation for other like minded individuals to attend.

PS. If you're lucky, someone might even shout a few beers.

See you there!