[AusNOG] NBN Co Layer 2 vs. Layer 3 Services

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Tue Apr 27 17:34:42 EST 2010

On 27/04/2010, at 1:41 PM, Daniel Hood wrote:

> The only problem I see with having everything coming through one cable
> is if this cable was damaged or experienced an outage. The user
> couldn't watch TV or anything.

Wouldn't it be great if there was some future land of utopian ideals
where television content could be delivered wirelessly?  I'd love to
live in a place like that.

But seriously:

Yes.  In most premises it'll be one lead-in cable, carrying all NBN services.
For a residential-grade service it's no big deal.

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)